Sunday, October 17, 2010

French Teacher?

I have been hanging out in French class a lot because it is awesome. I was in French Immersion for all of elementary school and I have realized that I miss speaking French. The French teacher at the school is trying to convert me from teaching Social to teaching French and I will probably bite. She told me that UVic has a con ed program for teachers called "French for Middle School Teachers" or something like that. The Victoria School Board set it up so that they can get French teachers in the system easier.
I think I am interested in taking after I'm done my B.Ed so that I can teach FSL along with Social Studies. It will also allow me to get my French up to par again as it is currently terrible. My writing and grammar is shot but I can still read in French alright. Speaking will take practice as well cause I need to switch my brain over from English to French. It's like the words are locked in a vault and I can't get them out. I know I can do it because I used to be completely fluent. French is important to me as I am half French Canadian and there is great potential that will be lost since very few people in my family actually speak French. Another point is that I will be able to get a job way easier...

1 comment:

  1. Your fluency in French is a huge benefit. Hope you find lots of opportunities for tuning up your skills.

    ReplyDelete